We recently did a workshop in association with TiE on Communication and Social Media Marketing for entrepreneurs and marketing professionals.
While Rajesh spoke about how to communicate right, reputation management and impact of social media, Amita and I closed the workshop by sharing tips on how-to-use social networking sites for entrepreneurs.
Here are some tips I shared with the workshop participants on how to use Facebook. Hope these tips help you getting you started.
- First and foremost, set a username for your page. You can easily secure a URL for your Facebook brand page by visiting www.facebook.com/username
- Take your customers to the landing page of your choice. Brand pages now allow separate default landing areas for Fans and Non-Fans
- Create the perfect profile picture. Rather than a logo as a profile picture upload images which resonate with your TG
- @Mentions status tagging. Easy to do and once you’ve tagged a friend, a notification appears on their page. Fans of a page can also tag their other friends on your wall page
- Integrate your online presence. You can easily integrate your Twitter, YouTube, Blogs, Slideshare, etc. accounts on your Facebook brand page. Google is your text book :)
- Notes is your new blog. You can share your thoughts by posting a note on your brand page
- Facebook events page. It simplifies event planning
- Keep your fans updated with regular updates via ‘Updates’ on the Fan Page
- Use social ads effectively. The ads are highly targeted, based on age, sex, education, interests, etc and you have completely control
- Regularly refer to fan page insights. Number of fans, number of conversations, interactions, likes, demographics, page views, etc. are all easily assessable through fan page insights
For tips on how-to-use Twitter, you can read more on Amita’s blog.
Feel free to reach out to me if you need any help getting started :)
Disclaimer: Views of authors are personal and do not represent the views of Blogworks, or any of its clients.