Findings from India Social Media Survey, Edition 2, jointly conducted by Blogworks, one of India’s most respected social media consulting firms and NM Incite (A Nielsen/ McKinsey Company) were released today at IndiaSocial Summit 2010.ere are the quick highlights –
- 3 out of 4 companies/ brands feel the need for a stated policy; and either have one in place or are working on one
- Facebook (90 percent) and Twitter (83 percent) are the most popular social media channels used by brands/ organisations.
- ‘LinkedIn Answers’ is the most preferred channel to answer brand/business questions
- 46 percent brands/ organisations are considering using mobile social networking,
India Social Media Report, Edition 2, is compiled from responses of 444 brands/ organisations and Agencies, who participated in a detailed online survey conducted in November 2010, to understand the nature and level of social media usage by businesses and brands in India. The report presents actionable insights on social media trends and spends for brands and organisations. Copies can be ordered by writing to email@example.com.
Some key findings from survey
- 90 percent brands and organisations have engaged in social media initiatives only 9 percent non social media users have also no intention to use, in the future
- 78 percent of social media programmes are B2C focused; B2B adoption at 41 percent is encouraging
- Nearly 80 percent of social media programmes are led by the marketing and 50 percent by Corporate Communication department of brands/organisations; sales departments are also showing a keen interest
- Marketing (78 percent ), ORM (71 percent ) and Lead Generation (48 percent ) are the top 3 purposes for which brands/organisations are using social media in India
- 92 percent brands/ organisation are addressing customers using Social media; other notable stakeholders being addressed are Influencers (53 percent), Media (54 percent), Current & prospective employees (31 percent)
- Facebook (90 percent) and Twitter (83 percent) are the most popular social media channels used by brands/ organisations. ‘LinkedIn Answers’ is the most preferred channel to answer brand/business questions
- 46 percent brands/ organisations are considering using mobile social networking, currently 26 percent brands/ organisations are present on the mobile social media platform
- Over 40 percent brands/organisations are spending more than 10 percent of their marketing and communication budget on digital media; 31percent marketers are spending 10 percent of digital spends on social media; 11 percent are heavy spenders with more than 30 percent digital budgets going to social media
- Growth in number of participants/members/fans scores highest among the top 5 metrics to evaluate success of social media initiatives; impact on sentiment and opinion, volume, quality and cost of leads generated/conversions, E-commerce revenues and Brand awareness being others
- Majority of brands manage their social media engagements in-house; only 23 percent are outsourced
- The survey was jointly conducted by Blogworks – strategic social media solutions and NM Incite (A Nielsen/ McKinsey Company) in November 2010
- A detailed questionnaire was hosted online to collect responses from the desired audience – brands/organisations and agencies/consulting firms
- Different, relevant, set of questionnaires were hosted, basis categories of respondents relevance to participants, so as to draw the most accurate inputs.
- 73 percent of the respondents from brands/ organisations state that they have been directly involved in managing their social media programme. Responses from those not involved were not considered
- Statistical analysis of each question only takes into account valid responses to that specific question and not the total number of entries, thus allowing for a more precise evaluation.
- Research analysis has been done on a sample of 499 respondents coming from 3 segments
- Brands/Organisations – 236
- Agencies/Consultants (Agencies) – 208
- Others (Primarily students) – 55
A full copy of the report is available. The price for the same is Rs10,000. You can send your request for the same to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Views of authors are personal and do not represent the views of Blogworks, or any of its clients.