Technorati CEO and founder Dave Sifry’s quarterly status report ‘State of the Blogosphere – Oct 2006’ is out. The results are fascinating and you can find them here .
I am putting together key points that caught my attention:
- Technorati is today tracking 57 + million weblogs
- Over 55% blogs are active (updated at least once in 3 months).
- The blogosphere is now doubling every 230 days.
- There are 100,000 new blogs appearing every day.
- 1.3 million posts, every day (about double the volume last year)
- Top 50 media have 3 blogs, but top 100 have 12, however, by the time the list reaches 5000, it is dominated by blogs.
- Persistance pays off in blogging, like in everything else- there is a direct corelation between ‘High Authority’ and longivity of a blog (though it is obviously not the only factor).
- Of all blogs, English only contributes 39% ; 33% blogs are in Japanese and another 10% in Chinese.
Read the full report.
Disclaimer: Views of authors are personal and do not represent the views of Blogworks, or any of its clients.